AGM of Ploughing championships (Scotland) Ltd held on 10th March 2019
Summary Points for Members of the Scottish Ploughing Championships
- Classic Class – 11″ width rule removed
- Junior Classes – new format for 2020
- Multi furrow class – maximum of 5 furrows
- Plough Off Start Times – amended to 9.20 am.
- Scottish Ploughing Championships – Members voted by a substantial majority to revert to Friday and Saturday for Scottish Ploughing Championships from 2020.
- Prize Money – Unanimously agreed that NO prize money would be paid for any class.
- Greeting Meeting – to be re-introduced.
- World Board Member – Mrs Joyce Mitchell appointed.
Executive Committee and Office Bearers
- Chairman: Willie Grieve
- Vice Chairman: John Walker
- Company Secretary: Jane McDowall
- Area 1 – Thurso to Inverness: Gavin Robertson and James Tait.
- Area 2 – Inverness to South Grampian: Dave Carnegie and Raymond Middleton
- Area 3 – Tayside, Fife and Stirling*: Rab Birrell, Jamie Dick, Andrew Mitchell Snr and Gordon C Beattie.
- Area 4 – Borders: John Tait and Stuart Forsyth.
- Area 5 – Ayrshire and Dumfries & Galloway: Alistair Brown and Gordon Rae.
- Bill Wood was co-opted on to the Executive Committee.
* Two extra members from the area where the match is being held are appointed to the Executive Committee.
Committee Members (members elected to assist with setting up, clearing up and at the match).
Brian Baxter, Morris Blacklaws, Ian Cruickshank, Hugh Currie, Archie Finlay, Andrew Gammie, Robbie Gauld, Billy Gordon, Andy Greenhill, Gordon Hepburn Jnr, Alec Keith, Derek MacIver, Iain MacRae, Richard MacWilliam, Grant McDonald, John McRobert, Mark Skea, Ian Whiteford and David Wood.